You likely arrived at this page expecting a list of set prices for various Online Marketing services.
I take a customized, Value-Based approach to consulting.
Please allow me to explain why package-based or hourly service fees may not be in your best interest, especially if you’re just getting started with Online Marketing.
THE PACKAGE-BASED FEE PROBLEM
When marketing providers create a set-price package for a service, they usually do the following:
- Guess at the most effective (or requested) solution for the widest range of potential clients.
- Estimate how long it will take to complete service.
- Create templates or fixed methods of delivery to ensure the service doesn’t take longer to complete (which cuts into profits).
- Price the service package to cover their time, overhead, and desired profit.
In other words, they pre-determine what you need and what they believe that’s worth, before getting to know you. It’s all about them.
But every business has different marketing needs and goals. If you’re new to this, you may be unaware if the pre-set package contains elements you don’t need. Or, if you negotiate for changes to the package, the provider is now in a conflict-of-interest with you as they continue to factor in their hourly rate and effort.
HOURLY FEES COMPOUND THE PROBLEM
Consider these issues of time-based performance:
- If the provider can finish the work in less time for you than for a similar client, should you really be charged the same amount?
- If you have new ideas, modifications, tweaks to the project, or requests for updates on your schedule (not theirs), will the provider be open to you, if it means it takes them longer?
- Can you ever fully trust that the provider isn’t short-cutting the service to deliver on time? Or worse, that they might be padding their time in order to charge more?
VALUE-BASED PRICING REMOVES THESE PROBLEMS
My entire approach to service is about delivering value to the client.
I have worked in Online Marketing for professional service providers for over a decade. I also spend thousands of dollars and dozens of hours each year updating my skills and researching strategies that work. This experience, training, and research qualifies me to develop custom solutions that deliver real value to my clients.
I take the time up front to learn about your business and work with you to establish the value your marketing will provide. I then propose multiple, detailed options for you to choose from, at a range of different fees.
Will your investment be more compared to set-price marketing providers? Maybe. But considering the level of service, this is clearly not an “apples-to-apples” comparison.
You will be 100% assured of the following:
- We BOTH agree on the value that the project provides to your business. Your investment will be a fraction of this amount, to account for the risks inherent to ALL marketing.
- Your Online Marketing solution will be a customized, complete fit for your business that’s a product of my considerable skills and experience.
- Time-to-completion is NOT a factor. I work on your project for as long as it takes, and don’t cut corners to maintain the value of my time. I’m also open to your new ideas, tweaks, reporting schedule, and extra time to educate you on the basics.
- I am a full partner in marketing your business. My goals are completely aligned with yours – we BOTH want to get you outstanding results! (To be honest, I don’t want to take on anyone as a client that I’m not absolutely confident I can do great work for.)
Value-based pricing also allows me to keep my client roster small, so I can continue to provide personal service to ALL clients. I do all the work myself, and you have full access to me, not gatekeepers or junior staff following a pre-set playbook.
Ready to Get Started?
If you’re looking for an Online Marketing solution to get more clients, leads, referrals and business opportunities, contact me today to schedule a consultation.
New to all this and not sure where to start? Download my FREE REPORT to learn “9 Ways to Get More Clients in 7 Days or Less!” and get on my mailing list for lots more business strategy and online marketing information.
BONUS BUSINESS TIP: If the concept of Value-Based Pricing is intriguing to you, and you’d like to learn more about how it can help YOUR service business, I highly-recommend you read Breaking the Time Barrier. This short ebook from the founder of Freshbooks could revolutionize the way you do business.